National Council to Prevent Delinquency | The Anti-Graffiti Project
What the Council Is:
The Council is a nonprofit corporation, whose primary goal is to prevent the illegal or harmful misuse of legitimate consumer products, especially by young people. The Council is funded by the paint and other industries concerned with stopping such product misuse.
The Council's Anti-Graffiti Project focuses on preventing and reducing graffiti vandalism. The project provides communities and citizen groups with a number of resources and services including:
- information - program and legislative data on community anti-graffiti efforts around the country;
- networking - government and community leadership contacts with experience and information of value to other communities;
- educational support - prototype anti-graffiti curriculum materials;
- supply-side control assistance - "Responsible Retailing" programs and program materials-to assure against the illegal retail purchase or shoplifting of products by graffiti vandals;
- community paint banks - assistance in developing programs and supplying materials to help neighborhoods to clean up or paint out graffiti; and
- on-site consultation and support - to develop and implement effective anti-graffiti programs and ordinances.